Asian Writers

June is dedicated to authors with ASIAN ORIGIN....review of books in this category will be posted all month....

Friday, July 6, 2012

Liebster Award #1

As part of the "Liebster Blog Awar" Legacy, I have to answer seven questions that Priya@ravenific asked.

So here goes...

1. How long have you been blogging?
Have been blogging for over two years, started with one blog that was a general rambling and then i realized i had run out of topics or merely lost interest in making my life an open book for others to read. So switched to a less invasive blog topic i.e. this one - about books, which I started only last year.

2. What's your most anticipated read of 2012?
None to be honest. I hardly browse the list of books to be released or pre-order any books [exception was the last Harry Potter book which i had pre-ordered and regretted immensely]. For me a book if it is highly recommended is what becomes my next anticipated read - be it from the 1900s or 2012.



3. What are you reading right now?
I am reading 3 books at a time!! I don't know how many do that, maybe I am the odd one out...
1) Short Stories Collection Vol 2 By Maugham ~ this is by my bedside so any time i want to read a quick short story i pick this up
2) The Road ~ This has been on my TBR list for a really long time and i read it at home whenever i have a good hour or so in my hands
3) Crime and Punishment ~ This one I read at work. its an e-book so whenever I am bored by the monotony at work, i open it up on my laptop and read a few pages.

4. If you could meet any author, which one would it be?
Chetan Bhagat. And for all the wrong reasons. I want to blast him for subjecting the Indian readers (is he read by a global audience??) to such poor, below average writing and plots and then have the audacity to go about marketing himself as some sort of pioneer in the industry.

5. Which book or book series would you like to be turned into a movie?
It already is a movie. And i think [a blasphemy of sorts] I found the movie to be better than the book. And the book in question is the LOTR Trilogy.

6. From where do you mostly buy your books?
As much as i dislike it, in the past I have procured it from Crosswords but of late, it has been Flipkart. But the best place for me is the second hand book sellers in Fort Area in Mumbai. Nothing beats them.
7. Harry Potter vs Twilight vs The Hunger Games
Hmmmm.....truth be told, am too old for Twilight or Potter mania and I havent read the last two. So the answer is None of them.

Now as part of the whole process, I have to pass on this award to other fellow bloggers, my search is on and i have a few names but havent reached the magic number of 7. SO perhaps in my next post I will list out the candidates....

Meanwhile if you want to check out what the Liebster  Award is then check out http://ravenfic.blogspot.in/2012/06/liebster-blog-award.html
on Raven Fic Blogger.

[I am too lazy to even copy paste. Sorry!]


No comments:

Post a Comment