Asian Writers

June is dedicated to authors with ASIAN ORIGIN....review of books in this category will be posted all month....

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

2012 Challenge Progress

The first four months of the year are over and its time for me to do a quick status check on the challenges that I had undertaken for this year.... yeah I know, status check! Unbelievable!! Well all I can stay in my defense is that its the techie in me, this quality ingrained after all these years of providing and requesting status reports....

Well coming back to the challenge - Its been a mixed bag so far - I have read some great, amazing books like Fast Food Nation, The Master and Margarita and some very disappointing ones as well.

I have read 11 books for the A-Z challenge [ actually I have read 12, having repeated the letter L]  so that makes me 46%, this challenge I think I will be able to meet now.



and as far as my Bhagwad Gita challenge goes, it doesnt look so good as I have well, ahem, not even started on it! So, its a disappointing 0%. Bah!







Now for the next four months, my aim is to read books [as much as possible] from project Gutenberg
and I am starting with the letter "E" - Emma, a book that has been forever on my TBR list since I read and fell in love with Pride & Prejudice. Anyways, I digress.

I still have a long way to go, there are some tough letters ahead - Y, U, X - if anyone has suggestions for books beginning with these letters do drop me a note, I will be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment