Asian Writers

June is dedicated to authors with ASIAN ORIGIN....review of books in this category will be posted all month....

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Rotten Weekend, Unexpected Win

Its been a horrible weekend on a personal front and on the book front as well.

I picked up "Life is Elsewhere", but it is such a tedious read, with pages and pages being devoted to the character build up of Jaromil (the main protagonist) and all leading to no where. I am dubious what reactions this book is going to provoke once I am done reading it (hopefully). Currently, I am walking the thin line of figuring out if the book is pure genius or absolute abject writing.

But I am not giving up this time around, allthough I have finished the letter L - Life & Times of the Thunderbolt Kid -  already [ for those who find this cryptic, refer to my challenges] and bizzare as it may seem, I forgot this fact completely (bah) not once but twice (first time when I spend days trying to finish Losing My Virginity)!!


Anyways, there was an unexpected email - I won my second giveaway from GoodReads. This one is called Face of Life by Rijo Roy and I wont say it seems interesting for fear of jinxing it up, like I did the first time around [aka Zero Percentile 2.0]

And I need to review it even though I have covered the letter F - Fast Food Nation - but well its a deal I signed up for, so....

Now time to go and bury my head in the pillow and scream.......

No comments:

Post a Comment